COURSE FOR HEALTHCARE STRUCTURES
The purpose of online training course is:
- Describe the dangers and risks deriving from the use of cryogenic substances in the health sector.
- Define all safety measures and first aid measures related to hazards in the handling and storage of liquid nitrogen.
NB: The course (in particular the whole Module 3) contains specific references to the Forms and to the specific Organization of the health facility in which the course is delivered. Consequently, a "personalization" of the course is necessary and foreseen before its delivery.
Healthcare professionals from public and private hospitals.
MODULE 1 - Use of cryogenic substances in the health sector. Dangers and Risks
- Characteristics of cryogenic gases
- Asphyxiation risk
- Risk of burns
- Explosion risk
- Measures of prevention and protection
- Use of liquid nitrogen
- Technical characteristics of liquid nitrogen
- Most common dangers in using nitrogen
- Clothing in the use of liquid nitrogen
- Security measures
- Storage rooms
- Emergency equipment
- Rules of conduct
MODULE 2 - First aid measures
- Health risks in the use of nitrogen
- First aid in OSR
- The purposes of first aid
- First aid for a person suffering from asphyxiation
- First aid for a person affected by cold burns
- Reference Bibliography
- Useful documents in OSR
MODULE 3 - Emergency Security Management System. New cryobiology room Sala Crio1
[MODULE TO CUSTOMIZE]
- First level non-serious under-oxygenation
- Second level severe under-oxygenation
- Cryopreserving operation
- Emergency button
- Training and information
- Obligations by operators - first aid
- Enabling badges for biocryology deposits
PDF documents are exported for version 5 but are compatible with later versions of Acrobat Reader released up to the date of update of this file.
- Internet Explorer 10
- Internet Explorer 11
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Pop-up blocker disabled
Minimum video resolution
The courses are optimized for a 1024 × 768 display on PCs and tablets of at least 7 inches.
Speakers or headphones (in case of multimedia products)
DATA TRACKING METHOD: SCORM 1.2
Content edited by:
IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital