Article for the #blogging project
We publish the first article for the #blogging project written by the student CRIZIA CATAVOLO
"E" as E-LEARNING
Are we sure we know what the "e" of e-learning means?
There are various possible interpretations, all more or less realistic:
- - “e” as “electronic”, since the use of this learning modality takes place precisely in this modality;
- - "e" as "enterprise", because the whole company benefits from this type of training;
- - “and” like “everywhere”, due to its multiple potential for access and use;
- - “and” as an “experience”, for its interactive qualities.
In reality all these "and", and perhaps also others not contemplated here, are true.
What is e-learning?
The most complete and shareable definition is that of Elliott Masie, technology expert and creator of the term e-learning: “The use of technology to design, distribute, select, administer, support and disseminate training”.
The characteristics of e-learning
Following this axiom, in order to talk about e-learning it is necessary that the training activity has at least these specific characteristics:
- - a long and careful design process;
- - the use of the personal computer, or more recently the tablet and smartphone, as the main tool for the use of the learning path;
- - access to the Internet, to take advantage of the teaching materials (also offline at a later time) and interactive training activities;
- - the careful selection of study contents and materials;
- - the high degree of independence of the educational path from physical presence or specific timetable constraints;
- - continuous monitoring of the level of assimilation, both through the tracing of the path and through frequent moments of evaluation and self-evaluation.
Article written by: CRIZIA CATAVOLO
With the supervision of the editorial staff of Piazza Copernico