On 7 June the agreement was signed with Inail for the project ""Everyday RLS", Piazza Copernico participates in the project RTI together with Enapra and Federsicurezza Italia.
The project intends to promote greater awareness of the RLS action through an approach oriented to concrete actions and to the sharing of operational models and social sharing that make the action of one, an example and a trace for many. From these reflections derives the title of the project: RLS everyday.
Information needs of the RLS figure
Role of the RLS
Il Workers' Representative for Safety (RLS) is the person who "represents and protects the rights of workers in the field of occupational safety within companies" according to the definition that makes this figure mandatory (Legislative Decree 81/08 - Consolidated Law on Health and Safety on Work).
It is the "person elected or designated to represent workers with regard to aspects of health and safety at work". In companies with fewer than 16 employees, the RLS is elected directly by the workers, following the provisions of the relevant trade union agreements (or using the Territorial or Section RLS). In companies with more than 15 employees, the RLS is elected by the workers through the intermediation of company union representatives. The number of Workers' Safety Representatives varies according to the total number of employees:
- only one representative for companies with up to 200 workers;
- three representatives for companies from 201 to 1000 workers;
- six representatives for companies with over a thousand workers.
What are the duties of the Workers' Safety Representative?
The Workers' Safety Representative has specific tasks, all aimed at promoting the dialogue between the company and workers on very delicate subjects, its activities are:
- - collaborate with the employer to improve the quality of work in the company;
- - listen to the problems raised by employees regarding safety in the workplace and carry out the necessary checks concerning these reports;
- attend all periodic meetings regarding worker safety;
- - check the effective implementation of the mandatory or agreed interventions necessary for work safety in the company;
- - have a direct relationship with the supervisory bodies called to assess the risks for the safety and health of employees.
In order to carry out these tasks, the Workers' Safety Representative must be constantly updated on the current workplace safety regulations.
The Consolidated Law on safety at work provides that the RLS must carry out a special compulsory course at the beginning of its activity and subsequent updating courses, to be followed necessarily every year.
Precisely in this context, characterized by the need for information and development of the culture of Prevention, the project is inserted "Everyday RLS", in order to provide RLS, and through them to workers, ever greater information on good practices related to RLS activities.
The everyday RLS project
The aim of the project is to create an information system for RLS figures that can be an ongoing and constantly updated reference point for newly certified RLS, but also for all RLS already operating in companies and in the area.
This initiative aims to attract corporate and territorial RLS, but also to sensitize micro and small enterprises on the role and importance of collaboration with workers' representatives.
Primary targets of the project are therefore:
- RLS of new certification
- Company RLS already operational
- RLS / T - territorial rls
- Companies (with particular reference to micro and small businesses)
The areas of intervention of the project will be mainly:
- Agriculture (meaning the sector segments: agriculture, agrifood, animal husbandry, dairy, agritourism)
- Other sectors including transport, crafts, etc.
The mission of the project is to guarantee complete and timely information on all aspects concerning the figure of the RLS, from legislation, to sector updates, but above all to guarantee a practical information approach to the activity of the RLS. Ease of access to information, the use of practical cases and tools to support work activities will be privileged.
The project aims to make available to the catchment area a series of tools such as:
Information tools: to guarantee full and constant availability of information and updating on regulatory and operational news, a digital platform is proposed for significant access to information.
- activation of Digital Library of Work Safety Documents. The information platform for the RLS / T will have its own specific section called "Digital Work Safety Library", the primary purpose of which will be to provide a real "compass" for finding your way through the sea of the countless documents and information on the net , produced by both public and private entities. In the Digital Library, technical documents will be made available to the RLS / T (guidelines, Check List, regulations, good practices, training and information slides on the general topic of corporate and workplace safety), with particular regard to those relating to roles and to the functions of workers' representatives.
- - video dictionary of practical cases , through examples of realistic situations, the best operating practices and the values underlying the activity of the RLS are conveyed. Through the language of the cases, the expected methods of intervention are summarized, but extremely immediate. This section will be open to all possible forms of link sharing to encourage maximum dissemination.
- - interactive game based on the theme of "behaviors and solutions". The user is asked to define a path of decisions with respect to a given situation and check the results of the decisions taken. In this way the RLS analyzes its degree of virtuous intervention on situations, with timely feedback on updating needs.
Operational tools for the figure of the RLS to support individual work. These tools will be made available in a special way Mobile APP and will be differentiated by sector and processing. The RLS may have a sort of "action protocol" to carry out its activity in compliance with its mandate and the specific features of each sector / processing.