INNOVATION, RESEARCH and DEVELOPMENT
To be truly innovative it is necessary to go beyond the boundary of consolidated practices and have an overview of the scenario; then identify new perspectives, define challenging goals, work creatively, commit to reaching new goals.
This is the mindset of innovation according to Piazza Copernico.
Whether it is an incremental or radical, improvement or replacement innovation, each innovation is a new and creative way of dealing with known and emerging problems.
Making innovation requires an "ambidextrous” approach (Charles O'Reilly and Michael Tushman, Harvard Business Review, 2004), that is, to overcome the impasse between established and functioning practices and knowing how to explore new paths and opportunities, while maintaining the ability to effectively carry out existing activities.
However, innovation is not alone doing things in a new way, but also lead the change both in the business processes, both in the leadership of people inspiring them towards innovation and improvement.
Piazza Copernico realizes this challenge with aoptics of Open Innovation and through a Innovation Plan need Research and Development (R&D) updated annually.
The Plan is dedicated to the study and development of new applications specifically dedicated to the Training and HR sector, but always plans to make these new transversal applications, where possible extending its use in other business sectors.
COLLABORATIONS WITH UNIVERSITY BODIES AND RESEARCH BODIES
Piazza Copernico has experimented in the R&D area the approach of combining corporate professionalism with the world of research with a view to open innovation, consolidating in this sense important collaborations with organisms specialized with which it collaborates on:
- own internal projects,
- training of the Digital Transformation professions,
- dissemination of artificial intelligence practices and methods.
For this reason, a specialized team has been created within our company which coordinates all the Innovation activities, which develops and monitors important collaborations with companies, organizations, National Research Organizations e University, for example:
- multi-year agreement with IAC - Institute for Computing Applications of the CNR From Rome,
- agreements with DiSMa (Department of Mathematical Sciences) del Polytechnic of Turin,
- agreements with the Humanities Department ofFederico II University of Naples, and partnership with the Master in "Artificial Intelligence for Human Sciences" of which we host trainees,
- three-year agreement with the engineering area ofTelematic University Niccolò Cusano of Rome,
- collaboration with University of Nebrija in Madrid,
- agreement with the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of Tor Vergata in Rome,
- annual collaboration with the Department of Management of theUniversity of Rome "La Sapienza" (within the MANIMP Study Course),
- three-year agreement with Masters in Data Sciences of the Engineering Department of the "Mario Lucertini" company ofUniversity of Rome “Tor Vergata”,
- convention three-year Department of Mathematics and Physics of Roma Tre University, particularly in the context of Master in Data Analytics.
AREAS OF INNOVATION
The main areas of work are currently:
- innovation and experimentation of new didactic models e e-learning solutions;
- qualitative analysis of the texts, through semantic analysis techniques, Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining, Natural Language Processing;
- paradigm generation of data visualization and creation of statistical indicators through Pattern Analysis, Clustering and aggregate indexing techniques.
Just from the activities of Research and development the numerous production innovations that PIAZZA COPERNICO continually makes available to its customers are born.
Semantic analysis models, through which contents and relationships are analyzed, elaborating a hierarchical map of contents
La Sentiment Analysis allows you to analyze the words carrying polarization and to check the trend of the opinions of individuals and topics to identify areas of satisfaction/dissatisfaction
For each type of numerical or structured data it is possible to organize Analytics dashboards aimed at data visualization
SOME RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OUTPUTS
SEMANTIC AND SENTIMENT ANALYSIS SOFTWARE OF LARGE VOLUMES OF OPEN TEXT.
The Semantic Analysis and Sentiment algorithms analyze the words of the original texts to find out which themes go through them, how they are connected to each other and how they change over time.
These algorithms allow to overcome the bias manual classification of data by a team of assessors, as well as significantly reducing the broad Yago's defensive effort required.
The software facilitates and reduces the manual analysis work, providing an objective summary on which the evaluators can work directly on the interpretation of the results.
How to use SemantsHouses:
- by intercept the actually relevant arguments for people, even identifying new or latent topics from their first evidence;
- by measure the graduality of opinions (positive or negative) stratified by categories of people, by individual, by topic / topic by adopting a measurement calibrated on internal communication;
- by understand the "sensitive" and influential issues on opinion;
- to identify the typical communicative characteristics of each category of people in order to harmonize communication with the specific language of the various groups;
- by monitor over time the more or less influential themes on people's judgment.
Some application examples of SemantsHouses:
- QUESTIONNAIRES AND SURVEY ANALYSIS
- TEST ANALYSIS AND EXERCISES
- BASIC KNOWLEDGE DOCUMENTAL SEARCH ENGINE
- CUSTOMER CARE DATA ANALYSIS (COMPLAINTS)
- ANALYSIS OF JUDGMENTS IN ONLINE COMMUNITY
PREDICTIVE LEARNING ANALYTICS & CRITICALITY DETECTING
LearnalyzeR is a system of learning analytics developed to communicate via API with company LMS platforms. The tool is responsible for processing the data stored daily in the corporate training platforms, acquiring the data of all training from online courses, videos, classrooms and webinars, social learning and ticketing and tutoring systems.
LearnalyzeR uses a composite quantitative indicator formed by the aggregation of quantitative sub-indicators to measure the training experience of each user, and compare it with other participants or other courses (even of different methodology).
It is therefore a dashboard for analyzing the progress of courses, with the possibility of comparing different editions of a course or organization chart nodes, with the ability to analyze recurring patterns and classify behavior on courses.
It is an expert analysis system, whose values can be easily customized on the specificities of the training context of the data and automatically parameterized to describe the learning experience.
In fact, the analysis model and the variables that characterize it can be "re-weighted", that is, adjusted to the values and the Corporate KPIs, by administering a preliminary questionnaire to the operators of the company Digital Academy.
LearnalyzeR is a daily utility tool to support the Academies because it allows you to analyze the evolution of data and make data-driven decisions in an increasingly effective way to manage the provision of training courses of various kinds: online courses, classroom courses / webinars, blended courses, video courses.
The assumption of the tool is that the participant's training experience does not end in the launch and study of individual teaching materials, but is a more complex process in which the platform as a relationship environment with other participants and / or with a tutor supporting the study, or even with scheduled messaging, represents a system to be understood more deeply. In addition to these aspects, other "gray areas" are represented by the impact of personal variables, the characteristics of the course, the time available with respect to the effectiveness of online training.
The tool implements an analysis system that gives the opportunity to understand:
- the effective use of a course, to identify not only study styles and preferences, but also the critical areas of the course itself (didactic meta-evaluation);
- user behavior in relation to a specific course to evaluate the effectiveness of design and organizational choices;
- the most effective teaching solutions, attention to the different types of course, the use of teaching time, the impact of variables external to the courses.
This analysis on the data allows to correlate the different variables present in LMS, overcoming a logic of vertical consultation of the reports in favor of a three-dimensional exploration of the implicit phenomena, to fully understand the value of the teaching experience.
Project aimed at the construction of a system of ADynamic ssessment for the personalization of the evaluation tests.
The project is characterized as a system of adaptive testing oriented to administer complex evaluation tests of a dynamic type capable of adapting the route of administration of the questions based on the result achieved in progress during the test.
During the administration of the questionnaire, it allows to quickly consolidate the results on the areas of greatest competence, and to investigate in greater depth the areas of lesser preparation in order to effectively discriminate the levels of knowledge of the medium and low performer.
Provides a system of back-office for the comparison of the results of the respondents
Project of App with Mobile exercise book, without time constraints and usable by all, developed in collaboration with Smarted.
The project aims to offer an agile and engaging tool to practice reasoning with logic and problem solving questions, to train continuously on one of the most strategic personal life skills in life and work.
THEApp consists of four sections:
- EXERCISE: training section of problem solving skills and immediate feedback, through questions presented on the basis of one smart tutoring system who will select the type of question based on previous performance, favoring content for which there are no previous answers and those that were previously incorrect;
- EVALUATION: Creation of a randomized test of 21 questions. At the end of the test, personalized feedback is provided;
- STRATEGIES: section that contains theoretical insights into problem solving and advice for solving the various types of puzzles;
- STATISTICS: section for monitoring your results both in Workbook mode and in Evaluation mode.
The Workbook and Evaluation sections contain Exercises on 7 areas of reasoning: categorical syllogisms, propositional reasoning, numerical series, visual-spatial series, probabilistic reasoning, insight problems, mental models.