RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION
To be truly innovative it is necessary to go beyond the boundary of consolidated practices and have an overview of the scenario; then identify new perspectives, define challenging goals, work creatively, commit to reaching new goals.
This is the mindset of innovation according to Piazza Copernico.
Whether it is an incremental or radical, improvement or replacement innovation, each innovation is a new and creative way of dealing with known and emerging problems.
Making innovation requires an "ambidextrous” approach (Charles O'Reilly and Michael Tushman, Harvard Business Review, 2004), that is, to overcome the impasse between established and functioning practices and knowing how to explore new paths and opportunities, while maintaining the ability to effectively carry out existing activities.
However, innovation is not only doing things in a new way, but also driving change both in business processes and in people's leadership, inspiring them towards innovation and improvement.
Piazza Copernico realizes this challenge with an Open Innovation perspective and through a Innovation Plan and Research and Development (R&D) updated annually. The Plan is dedicated to the study and development of new applications specifically dedicated to the Training and HR sector, but it always plans to make these new applications transversal, extending where possible their use in other business sectors.
This is why we have created a specialized team that coordinates all Research and Development activities, and has consolidated over time important collaborations with companies, organizations, National Research Organizations e University, including the important multi-year agreement with IAC - Institute for Computing Applications of the CNR of Rome, and the agreements with DiSMa (Department of Mathematical Sciences) of the Polytechnic of Turin, with NAC-LAB - Natural and Artificial Cognition Lab of the Federico II University of Naples and Universitad de Nebrija of Madrid.
The main areas of work are currently:
- innovation and experimentation of new didactic models e e-learning solutions;
- qualitative analysis of the texts, through semantic analysis techniques, Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining, Natural Language Processing;
- paradigm generation of data visualization and creation of statistical indicators through Pattern Analysis, Clustering and aggregate indexing techniques.
From the activities of Research and development the numerous production innovations that PIAZZA COPERNICO continually makes available to its customers are born.
Semantic analysis models, through which contents and relationships are analyzed, elaborating a hierarchical map of contents
La Sentiment Analysis allows you to analyze the words carrying polarization and to check the trend of the opinions of individuals and of the topics to identify areas of satisfaction / dissatisfaction
For each type of numerical or structured data it is possible to organize Analytics dashboards aimed at data visualization
Allows you to integrate into the platform LMS And in the WBT the recognition of facial expressions and emotions, as well as the control of attention
RESEARCH OUTPUT AND DEVELOPMENT
Software by Semantic analysis and Sentiment of large volumes of open texts.
The Semantic Analysis and Sentiment algorithms analyze the words of the original texts to find out which themes go through them, how they are connected to each other and how they change over time.
These algorithms allow to overcome the bias manual classification of data by a team of assessors, as well as significantly reducing the broad effort required.
The software facilitates and reduces the manual analysis work, providing an objective summary on which the evaluators can work directly on the interpretation of the results.
How to use SemantiCase:
- to intercept the actually relevant arguments for people, even identifying new or latent topics from their first evidence;
- to measure the graduality of opinions (positive or negative) stratified by categories of people, by individual, by topic / topic by adopting a measurement calibrated on internal communication;
- to understand the "sensitive" and influential issues on opinion;
- to identify the typical communicative characteristics of each category of people in order to harmonize communication with the specific language of the various groups;
- to monitor over time the more or less influential themes on people's judgment.
Examples of application of SemantiCase:
- QUESTIONNAIRES AND SURVEY ANALYSIS
- TEST ANALYSIS AND EXERCISES
- BASIC KNOWLEDGE DOCUMENTAL SEARCH ENGINE
- CUSTOMER CARE DATA ANALYSIS (COMPLAINTS)
- ANALYSIS OF JUDGMENTS IN ONLINE COMMUNITY
Dashboard to analyze the progress of courses, with the possibility of comparing different editions of a course or organization chart nodes, with the ability to analyze recurring patterns and classify behavior on courses.
The tool of Learning Analytics can be used both in mode stand alone which integrated into the corporate platform, and can process data from third party sources such as third party LMS platforms.
The assumption of the tool is that the participant's training experience does not end in the launch and study of individual teaching materials, but is a more complex process in which the platform as a relationship environment with other participants and / or with a tutor supporting the study, or even with scheduled messaging, represents a system to be understood more deeply. In addition to these aspects, other "gray areas" are represented by the impact of personal variables, the characteristics of the course, the time available with respect to the effectiveness of online training.
The tool implements an analysis system that gives the opportunity to understand:
- the effective use of a course, to identify not only study styles and preferences, but also the critical areas of the course itself (didactic meta-evaluation);
- user behavior in relation to a specific course to evaluate the effectiveness of design and organizational choices;
- the most effective teaching solutions, attention to the different types of course, the use of teaching time, the impact of variables external to the courses.
This analysis on the data allows to correlate the different variables present in LMS, overcoming a logic of vertical consultation of the reports in favor of a three-dimensional exploration of the implicit phenomena, to fully understand the value of the teaching experience.
It is possible to integrate the performance indices of course participants (based on 7 macro-variables) with a predictive system of the results to support the management of the course delivery phase (training forecasting) and with any adaptivity rules.
Project aimed at the construction of a system of ADynamic ssessment for the personalization of the evaluation tests.
The project is characterized as a system of adaptive testing oriented to administer complex evaluation tests of a dynamic type capable of adapting the route of administration of the questions based on the result achieved in progress during the test.
During the administration of the questionnaire, it allows to quickly consolidate the results on the areas of greatest competence, and to investigate in greater depth the areas of lesser preparation in order to effectively discriminate the levels of knowledge of the medium and low performer.
Provides a system of back-office for the comparison of the results of the respondents.
Thanks to a partnership agreement with a leading company of the adaptive media, our LMS platform Labe-l Academy has been integrated with the system MorphCast, an editor that combines interactive videos, AI, Machine Learning and recognition of facial expressions, as well as attention control, without using personal data and therefore in full compliance with Privacy.
The main applications in E-Learning:
- Support for authentication processes in LMS: the learner can avoid entering credentials and log on to the platform through facial recognition;
- introduction in the WBT of presence and attention control.